Anchor Bay Entertainment gave Fango the first word on the complete specs for its Blu-ray release of THE EVIL DEAD. The long-awaited hi-def disc debut of Sam Raimi’s classic arrives in a two-disc set August 31.
The Blu-ray will contain two all-new 1080p anamorphic transfers of the 1983 demonfest, both supervised by Raimi: one in 1.85:1 widescreen and the other in the director-composed 1.33:1 fullscreen. The sound will be Dolby TrueHD 5.1, and the feature will be accompanied by a brand new audio commentary by Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert. The second disc will be a limited-edition DVD with a number of returning special features:
• “One By One We Will Take You: The Untold Saga of THE EVIL DEAD”
• “THE EVIL DEAD: Treasures from the Cutting Room Floor”
• “The Ladies of THE EVIL DEAD Meet Bruce Campbell”
• “Book of the Dead: The Other Pages”
• “Discovering THE EVIL DEAD”
• “At the Drive-In”
Retail price is $29.99.