Hollywood genre meister Sam Raimi and Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck have joined forces to launch a new company producing movies with global ambitions.
The new company, Allegory Holdings is backed by Cultural Investment Holdings, the Shanghai-listed parent of Jackie Chan’s Sparkle Roll Media, and jointly owned by CIH and R&D, a new company headed by Raimi (“The Evil Dead,” “Spider-Man) and German director Henckel von Donnersmarck (“The Lives of Others”.) .
According to a regulatory filing by CIH, Allegory will receive $150 million from CIH for a 60% stake in Allegory, while the R&D pair put up $100,000 for the remaining 40% balance. A further $500 million of funding may be made available dependent on projects.
Allegory will finance and produce films in the $30-$80 million range, with an emphasis on the directorial projects of of Raimi and Henckel von Donnersmarck, as well as movies they produce. CIH will handle their release in China, while the company will seek a Hollywood studio level relationship for international distribution.
Click Here For More - Source: variety.com